Land's End Plantation Anniversary.

Author: breesoseksi // Category:
There was a group of students to help prepare for an event at Land's End Plantation. I didn't want to go reason's for (hence the name). Yea, I made a joke about it. Anyway, we all met up at the school and finished doing the last of the prep work. We left the school around 3. It was raining. Ugh I don't like rain lol. We all followed one another to the plantation. It was about a 30 minute ride.

So anyway, we made it to the plantation. I never seen such a pretty place. It had so many beautiful trees and everything. It would have been more fascinating if it wasn't raining! We all parked and went into the house. Once we got in we were by a mini pony! Not a real pony but the dog was big as a pony in my eyes. It was a Great Dane name Shadow. He was toooo big for me. I was scared at first lol.

We were introduced to the owner and his lady. They made us feel so welcomed. We all got our Mise En Place ready to start getting things in order. I had to finish setting up my cheese tray. I was trying to put my crackers on the tray and I heard some smacking. I looked up and it was Shadow licking his lips lol. I said to myself, "Man if this dog gets at me this whole house will be tore up lol."

Okay now it was time to get busy. We all started get the food together. Oh it was so fun. We had 23 or 24 plates to get ready. For hors d' oeurves (the French and their spelling ugh) we served tarragon shrimp bruschetta, boursin stuffed mushrooms and Importer cheese w/ assorted crackers & bread (my cheese tray)! While the guest at those we had to hustle getting the first course together. That was a grilled caprese salad (grilled tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil w/ aged balsamic syrup and extra virgin olive oil. I've never heard of that until that day lol.

The entree was a beef tenderloin gratinee (pan seared beef tenderloin topped w/ caramelized red onions & gruyere, cream cheese & chive mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans and rosemary & cabernet infused au jus reduction). I know, a lot of words lol. For dessert there was cranberry pecan bread pudding (bread pudding custard w/ traditional bourbon sauce w/ sliced green apples on top). I will not bore you with the serving details lol. But know this......we had a blast! I made everybody laugh.

After everybody at we had to clean up. I got smart and started washing dishes after the servers brought the plates back lol. My momma didn't raise no fool! We were so tired. I swear I washed dishes for 2 or 3 hours straight. I handed those dishes off to my classmate like the runners do when they hand the baton to the other relay race runner lol. That was a tiresome night for all of us. That was on Saturday that we did that and I'm still tired. The owner, his lady and their guest were very pleased with our services.

This link is here. There were tooo many pictures to upload on this page.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=3157363&albumId=3163534

For the love of sleep I can't get the link to embed. Just copy and paste. Geesh!

1 Response to "Land's End Plantation Anniversary."

TRochelle Says :
June 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Pictures: Upload them one at a time. It will just stack them in a row or side by side, then you can cut, copy, or paste wherever you would like.

Post a Comment