There is nothing like having a party. All the people and all the treats. We threw my stepdad a birthday party this past weekend. He was so nosey trying to figure out why was I cooking lol. Me being me, I just told him that my co-workers gave me some money to go buy food for a bridal shower to fix. Ha ha! When he saw all that food he told me that it was not leaving the house before he got a bite of it. Little did he know that it really was for him. The poor man kept trying to stick his finger in the food lol. It smelt really delicious! The menu consisted of: Sausage balls with and without sauce, 5 layer dip, baked beans, semi spicy bbq chicken wings, cream cheese ball, spaghetti, deviled eggs, and Mexican cornbread. So are you ready to get started cooking? Well let’s go!
This is the recipe that I used. You can always modify it. Make sure that you always cook according to the number of people you are serving. Remember, I did this for a party.
Cream cheese ball
4 packages of cream cheese (use the fat free or 1/3 less fat)
12 pieces of bacon (whatever kind of meat you want to use)
1 bunch of scallions (green onions with the white bulb at the end for those who didn’t know)
Salt or accent to taste
1. Fry your bacon until it’s really crispy (that doesn’t mean burnt) rinse the grease off.
2. Put your cream cheese in a bowl and mash it up so it can be soft.
3. Cut up your scallions in small pieces and rinse them off.
4. Sprinkle your scallions, bacon and salt over the cream cheese and mix together.
5. Form the cheese into a ball and use Reynolds or plastic wrap to wrap it up.
6. Refrigerate until its firm. When it get firm you can shape it better.
7. Put it on a platter and surround with crackers.
8. Now you may eat!
Source: MA, modified by Bree