Strawberry Delight....mmm mmm good!

Author: breesoseksi // Category: , , , , ,


Okay, here is one of my family’s favorite deserts! We had a potluck at my job about 10 years ago (gosh that makes me sound old). One of my co-workers made this desert and I have never forgotten about it. The first time I made it my mouth watered. It seems like the more I make it the better it gets. I made this for Christmas and it was just delicious. Well here goes the recipe.

Crust
2 cups of flour
2 sticks of butter or 1 cup
1 cup of nuts (optional)

Filling
Powdered sugar
1 8oz. of whip cream
1 8oz. of cream cheese
Strawberry filling or glaze
Strawberries

13x9 pan

1. In a large bowl pour flour and butter and mix it together. It should be kind of crumbly or like dough.
2. Press in a 13x9 pan evenly on bottom. Press nuts in there if you want them.
3. Bake in oven on 350 for 30 minutes.
4. In a large bowl mix whip cream and cream cheese thoroughly.
5. Add some powdered sugar about ½ cup and mix with mixer.
6. Stir in strawberry filling or glaze to get it some color but not a lot.
7. Taste the mixture to see if it’s sweet enough. You don’t want it too sweet.
8. When crust is done let it cool off for about 10 minutes.
9. Pour mixture on top of crust and spread it out.
10. Cut strawberries vertically but not through the top so you can make them like a fan.
11. You can put the strawberries on there anyway you like.
12. Put in fridge and let it chill for two hours. Or if you really want to eat it put it in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour or until chilled.
13. Now you can eat it!

Source: W.N.

0 Responses to "Strawberry Delight....mmm mmm good!"

Post a Comment